1. Our contact details
2. Information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers and contacts (first name, last name, and professional email address)
- Website user statistics
3. How we collect information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Visiting Our Website: When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain usage statistics and information about your interaction with our site. This data may include your IP address, the type of browser and device you use, the web pages you visit on our site, the time and duration of your visit, and other diagnostic data.
- Account Registration: To create and manage user accounts on our platform, we require a user’s first name, last name, and professional email address. This allows us to provide personalised services and communicate necessary information related to our users.
- Service Delivery: The personal information provided enables us to deliver and improve our services based on the needs and preferences of our users. We may use this data to tailor the experience of users or to provide customer support when required.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Publicly Available Information: We collect information about professionals working in the venture capital industry as part of our service. This information is sourced from data providers, publicly available resources, or professional networking platforms where these individuals have chosen to share their professional contact information. As part of this service, we do not collect any private personal information.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- To Provide Access to the Service: We use your personal information - namely your first name, last name, and email address - to enable you to register an account with us and to manage your account. This access allows you to utilise our platform and services, including creating a profile, browsing our investor database, and interacting with our platform's features. Your email address is also used for essential communication about your account status, security updates, and changes to our services.
- To Improve the User Experience: We use the data we collect from you to understand how you interact with our platform. This includes analysing usage patterns and feedback to enhance the user interface, improve functionality, and tailor our service more effectively to your needs and preferences. By understanding how you use our services, we can continually refine and enhance your experience with us.
- To Offer Customer Support: Your personal information is crucial in enabling us to provide effective customer support. When you reach out for help or raise a query, we use your account details to verify your identity and access your user history. This allows us to provide personalised assistance, resolve your issues more efficiently, and ensure your satisfaction with our services.
- To Provide the Investor Database Service to Our Users: We use the information of third-party professional investors to create and maintain a comprehensive investor database. This database provides an invaluable resource to our users who are looking to raise capital. The professional contact details of these investors are collected and processed under the 'Legitimate Interests' basis, facilitating potential commercial interactions between our users and these investors. This process aligns with the reasonable expectations of both parties and adds significant value to our service.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
4. How we store information
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including the purpose of legal, accounting and reporting requirements, and for as long as necessary for the prevention and detection of criminal activity. The period for which we process and store the personal data for varies depending on the use you make of the Website and the products and/or services we offer. Where you register an account we will retain your data for as long as your account is live and a period after your account is closed to enable us to satisfy our legal, accounting and reporting requirements.
5. Your rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
6. How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk